Celebrity Affairs

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Something To Think About

"I wonder if other, less-spoiled cultures have the same kind of problems we do. As Americans we want ours, and we want it now. And it better be big. And better than his. We're raised to feel entitled, to want lots of stuff and to seek instant gratification - long term results be damned. Most of us only speak our native tongue, know diddly about world politics and would rather fill our lungs with sludge than park the car and take the bus." These words aren't my words, although I think them each and everyday. Thank you Jen Sincero. You took the words right out of my mouth!
posted by Natalie at 9:26 AM

1 Comments:

Wow. That is amazing. It's so true. Americans are self-indulgent slobs sometimes. Instant gratification is common here in the states. I suffer from it now and then also. Sometimes I really need to stop and smell the roses; take more time out from planet-hopping and inhale life a bit better.

Thanks for that Natty. Love you bishy...

1/7/07, 2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home